Monday, April 6, 2009

Ants in Microwave

Got something quite funny to share... it's quite shocking too but still I think it was kinda funny...I'll let you be the judge.

It was told to me by hubby. One morning, he brought some food to office for breakfast. He was at the pantry and was just about to put the food into the microwave to heat it up before his colleague asked what he was doing. So hubby thought to himself "Isn't it obvious?!?" but politely told her that he was about to heat up the food.

His colleague then told him that the cleaner had earlier spray the microwave with Ridsect! Yup, sprayed the inside of the microwave!! Why? You see, the pantry was invaded by ants that few days and apparently, the microwave was not spared and the cleaner was trying to get rid of them. But inside of the microwave...?! *scratch head*
.... I couldn't help but laugh when I first heard about it!

Good thing someone saw the cleaner doing that and someone managed to stop hubby before he put the food into the microwave! Coz there were no Ridsect smell from the microwave!

15 comments:

jepunlauee said...

it is true..ants can get into the microwave oven..
Last summer..I hide some caramel popcorns in the microwave as i do not want my kids to eat them,then the very next day,I found so many ants eating and having a carnival in my micro wave...really wonder hoe they can enter the microwave as I did not left the mirowave open..
but I didn't spray it wit "Ridset"..haha..I just wipe out all the ants ,and throw away the popcorns..so it is true..ants can enter microwave..

Angeline said...

questions questions...
lots of questions in my mind right now.
errr... if after spraying the Ridsect, the chemicals are still in there right? would it explode?
would it harm the food that was microwaved, if its NOT COVERED, the food that is?
or maybe auntie has wiped the microwave already, so there wasn't any smell....
I was more like "WHAT???!!!" than laughing...

bluedreamer27 said...

ants can be anywhere specially during rainy days
and its nice to hear that someone saw the cleaner before they put something inside and eat
\have a great day sting
happy blogging

Merryn said...

adui, i tot u came out with some great recipe with ants in it n method is microwaved!!! :P

wat man da cleaner! (mau bunuh orang ke?)

LittleLamb said...

ahahahahah this shows that the office cleaner is NOT cleaning the pantry clean enough..:p

andrewjune said...

wah doesnt the cleaner know that ridsect is toxic?

MeRy said...

OMG...sprayed Ridsect into the microvawe??? Lucky ur hubby's colleague managed to stop him putting his food inside the microvawe.

Tammy said...

Ewwww...isn't that dangerous? Isn't that stuff explosive?

Martini said...

opps, never heard about it before, luckily they managed to stop your hubby, otherwise "ka liu" ...

aussieahchee said...

Hmm, ants in the micro-wave. Maybe instead of spraying the ants, a good idea to put a cup of water and turn the micro-wave on hopefully all the ants will fry and be crispy! Easier to sweep away then!!!

Uncle Lee said...

Hi Sting, wow, Ridsect in a Microwave...?
That cleaner sure has ideas, ha ha.
Have a nice day, Lee.

Nick Phillips said...

The best way to keep ants away from microwaves is to wipe it clean regularly with detergent :D

cheeyee said...

OMG I think I would not want to use that microwave for very long time. Luckily someone saw the cleaner did it. Else.... cannot imagine.

mumsgather said...

Yikes! Cleaning it with a detergent would have done the trick. I guess spraying Ridsect was much easier work for the cleaner. Hahaha.

slavemom said...

Woah... that's pretty unhygienic, no?